Key terms to understanding Dynamics 365
Here are the different categories and what they cover:
1 – Software types:
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning): A computer information system designed to manage business operations across all areas of a company.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management): A computer information system designed to manage interactions with customers and potential customers.
2 – Software families:
- D365 F&O (Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, formerly AX or Axapta): The ERP for mid-to-large sized companies.
- D365 BC (Dynamics 365 Business Central, formerly Nav or Navision): The ERP for small-to-mid sized companies.
- D365 Commerce (formerly / related to Retail): A hybrid solution between ERP and CRM, best suitable solution in the family for the retail industry.
- D365 CE (Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, formerly CRM): A collection of apps for customer management excellence.
3- Software areas:
- D365 Finance (technically a license in F&O): Includes modules for financial management, project management, accounting and more.
- D365 SCM (technically a license in F&O): Includes modules for supply chain management, warehouse management, sales and marketing and more.
- D365 CE: A suite of model-driven apps for customer management excellence, including project operations, customer service, field service, marketing and sales.
Licensing Expert Dennis Toele
If you are looking for support in understanding Dynamics 365 licensing or are up for a contractual renewal, please contact us.
LicenseQ provides D365 License Advisory Services for a wide range of optimization and negotiation services, which includes Dynamics 365. Our team of experts can help you navigate the complexities of software cloud licensing and ensure that you have the appropriate licenses to meet your business needs.
With LicenseQ’s guidance, you can optimize your software investments, save costs and drive your business forward.